The V&A Waterfront is an iconic and picturesque destination located in Cape Town, and it is a melting pot of cultures, entertainment, history, and cuisine. With over 80 restaurants and food outlets to choose from, you can take a culinary journey around the world and indulge in a wide range of delicious dishes, from local delicacies to international flavours. Let us take a closer look at the best places to dine at the V&A Waterfront.
Table of Contents
Fine Dining Restaurants 🍷
- Sevruga – Sevruga is a high-end seafood restaurant that offers stunning views of the harbour and Table Mountain. It has a sleek and elegant ambience, with an open kitchen where you can watch the chefs create delicious seafood dishes. The menu features a variety of fresh seafood, including oysters, sushi, and grilled line fish. The portions are generous, and the plating is exquisite, making it perfect for a special occasion or a romantic date. The restaurant also has an extensive wine list, and knowledgeable sommeliers can recommend the best wine to pair with your meal.
Address: Shop 4, Quay 5, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Phone: 021 421 5134
- Nobu – Nobu is a world-renowned Japanese restaurant that has locations in several countries. The V&A Waterfront branch is located in the One&Only Hotel, and it serves classic Japanese dishes with a modern twist. The restaurant has a chic and sophisticated atmosphere, with a sushi bar and a robata grill. The menu includes signature dishes like black cod miso, yellowtail sashimi, and rock shrimp tempura, as well as an extensive selection of sake and Japanese whiskey.
Address: One&Only Cape Town, Dock Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001
Phone: 021 431 5888
- Signal Restaurant – Signal Restaurant is located in the Cape Grace Hotel, and it offers a fine dining experience with a South African twist. The restaurant has a warm and welcoming ambience, with elegant décor and breathtaking views of the harbour. The menu features seasonal and locally sourced ingredients, and it includes dishes like ostrich fillet, Cape Malay curry, and traditional bobotie. The wine list is extensive, with a focus on South African wines, and the sommelier can guide you through the best pairing options.
Address: W Quay Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001
Phone: 021 410 7100
Casual Dining Restaurants 🍣
- Willoughby & Co – It is located in the Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre, Willoughby & Co is a popular sushi restaurant that has been serving up delicious Japanese cuisine for over 20 years. The restaurant has a lively and bustling atmosphere, and the menu includes a variety of fresh sushi rolls, sashimi, and hot dishes like tempura prawns and teriyaki chicken. The restaurant also has a great selection of cocktails and sake to complement your meal.
Address: Shop 6132, 19 Dock Rd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001
Phone: 021 418 6115
- Den Anker – For a taste of Belgian cuisine, head to Den Anker, which is situated on the quayside overlooking the harbour. The restaurant has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with an outdoor terrace where you can enjoy the sea breeze. Den Anker specializes in mussels, which are served in a variety of ways, including garlic, cream, and white wine. Other menu highlights include the Belgian beer selection, as well as classic Belgian dishes like Flemish beef stew and croquettes. The restaurant also has a range of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Address: Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001
Phone: 021 419 0249
- Belthazar Restaurant and Wine Bar – Belthazar is a steakhouse and wine bar located in the heart of the V&A Waterfront. The restaurant has an extensive wine list, with over 600 options, and it prides itself on serving the best quality meat from local farms. The menu includes a range of cuts, from sirloin to ribeye, as well as seafood options like grilled prawns and line fish. The restaurant has a cosy and intimate atmosphere, with a fireplace for chilly evenings, and an outdoor terrace for sunny days.
Address: Shop 153, 19 Breakwater Blvd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001
Phone: 021 421 3753
Family-Friendly Restaurants 👨👩👧👦
- The Greek Fisherman – The Greek Fisherman is a family-friendly restaurant that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine. The restaurant has a relaxed and cosy atmosphere, with indoor and outdoor seating options. The menu includes a variety of seafood dishes, as well as traditional Greek dishes like moussaka and souvlaki. The restaurant also has a dedicated children’s menu, with options like fish and chips and spaghetti bolognese. It is not located in the V&A Waterfront but is a short drive from the Waterfront.
Address: 78 Regent Rd, Sea Point, Cape Town, 8005
Phone: 021 418 5411
- Ferrymans Tavern – Ferrymans Tavern is a lively and vibrant restaurant that is perfect for families. The restaurant is located on the quayside, with an outdoor terrace that overlooks the harbour. The menu includes classic pub grub, like burgers, steaks, and fish and chips, as well as South African dishes like boerewors and biltong. The restaurant also has a selection of local beers and wines, as well as cocktails for the adults. The kids can enjoy the outdoor play area while the parents relax and take in the views.
Address: Locomotive Shed, Dock Rd, V & A Waterfront, Foreshore, Cape Town, 8001
Phone: 021 419 7748
- Col’Cacchio – Col’Cacchio is a popular Italian restaurant that has several locations across South Africa, including the V&A Waterfront. The restaurant has a cosy and casual atmosphere, with indoor and outdoor seating options. The menu includes a range of Italian dishes, like wood-fired pizzas, pasta, and salads. The restaurant also has a dedicated kids’ menu, with options like Margherita pizza and spaghetti bolognese. The restaurant is located in the Victoria Wharf Shopping Centre and is perfect for a quick and delicious family meal.
Address: Shop 7205, Victoria Wharf, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8000
Phone: 021 418 1265
- City Grill – City Grill is a steakhouse that offers a family-friendly dining experience. The restaurant has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, with an outdoor terrace and a cosy fireplace for colder evenings. The menu includes a range of meat cuts, as well as seafood dishes and vegetarian options. The restaurant also has a dedicated kids’ menu, with options like burgers, ribs, and chicken nuggets. The restaurant is located on the quayside and offers stunning views of the harbour.
Address: Shop 155, 19 Breakwater Blvd, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Cape Town, 8001
Phone: 021 421 9820
The V&A Waterfront is a food lover’s paradise, with a wide range of dining options to suit all tastes and budgets. Whether you’re in the mood for fine dining or a casual bite, there’s something for everyone. The restaurants at the V&A Waterfront offer not only delicious food but also stunning views, lively atmospheres, and friendly service. So next time you’re in Cape Town, make sure to visit the V&A Waterfront and experience its culinary delights.