With Afrikaburn closing in we are wasting no time in giving our readers a chance to understand the full experience and book their tickets before the last sales. Afrikaburn is a well-known event that started on San Fransico Beach and is now known as one of the biggest events in Africa. While following their ten principles Afrikaburn is always putting in the effort annually to make your experience one to remember!
Table of Contents
About Afrikaburn and Entry Policy 👁️
Starting in 1986, someone named Larry Harvey and his mate Jerry James set fire to a wooden figure on a beach in San Francisco. Since then Afrikaburn has become an event that everybody knows about and everyone wants to attend. When it comes to the entry policy The Gate Crew will verify your photo ID against the ticket information in the system, accepting ID/passport or driver’s licenses.
When purchasing tickets, provide correct emergency contact details for both off-site and on-site individuals, as the Box Office Crew will link your uniquely numbered wristband to your system details. The wristband serves as assistance in case of emergencies. For the vehicle you’re travelling in, an E-Toll disk is required, available for purchase online or at the gate until event gates close. Come prepared by printing your ticket or ensuring your smart device has sufficient battery. Accuracy in ID/passport details matching those on the ticket is crucial.
Accessibility at Afrikaburn💛
There is an obvious commitment to make AfrikaBurn accessible to all who wish to attend. Given the outdoor nature of the event in a desert environment, certain areas at Quaggafontein may pose accessibility challenges, particularly in adverse weather conditions. Nevertheless, this event is dedicated to assisting participants in accessing as much of AfrikaBurn as possible.
Registered disabled participants have the option to apply for an Anathi ticket by reaching out via email, and they can also request a ticket for their carer if necessary to facilitate their participation. Additionally, specific attendees with disabilities can request accessible toilets exclusively reserved for their use.
Guiding Principles of Afrikaburn Burning Man 🔥
AfrikaBurn follows the Ten Principles of Burning Man, supplemented by an 11th principle, “Each One Teach One.” These principles, created by co-founder Larry Harvey in 2004, guide the community without being prescriptive. ‘Radical Inclusion’ has been adapted to better suit the South African context. The principles encompass values like openness, generosity, avoidance of commercial influences, self-reliance, self-expression, collaboration, civic responsibility, environmental respect, active participation, and immediate experiences.
Larry Harvey’s 10 Principles for Burning Man form the foundation for AfrikaBurn’s full experience. Not rules, these principles guide the community’s evolution, with ‘Radical Inclusion’ tailored to South Africa. Emphasizing values such as openness, generosity, self-reliance, collaboration, and environmental responsibility, they reflect a commitment to shaping the community through these basic principles.
Afrikaburn Opening Times ⌛
AfrikaBurn 2024 gate operations are scheduled from Monday to Thursday, opening at 9 am and closing at 1 am daily. On Friday, the gate maintains regular hours from 9 am to 7 pm. After 7 pm on Friday, the gate transitions to an exit-only mode, restricting entry until Sunday. Participants are urged to adhere to these specified opening and closing times for smooth event access.
Afrikaburn Tickets 🎟️
There are many ticket options available which provides a sanctuary for everyone. The tickets range from expensive full-package experiences to affordable general tickets so that everyone can enjoy Afrikaburn. Ticket prices start from R2799. With all this in mind please note that tickets are selling fast and ticket sales are to close on 29 February 2024 so don’t walk run!
- MayDay Tickets – MayDay Tickets come at a premium, including a generous donation facilitating community projects and subsidizing tickets for others. Mayday Tickets offer no additional benefits and suit those supporting AfrikaBurn year-round.
- New Horizons Tickets – New Horizons Tickets combine event entry with donations supporting year-round programs. This option is for those unable to afford Mayday tickets but still wish to back the organization.
- General Sales Tickets – Priced at the cost of on-site attendance, are sold online on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited to two tickets per purchaser, they sold out quickly in previous years.
- Minor Tickets – For ages 15-17, work like adult tickets and can be bought only by guardians over 28. Guardian verification is required at the gate, limiting each guardian to a maximum of 4 minors.
- Kids Tickets – Up to age 14, require parent/guardian verification. Limited to four per guardian, they become available online after purchasing an adult ticket or at the gate.
- Anathi Tickets – Anathi Tickets addresses economic disparities, requiring means testing and documents for each applicant. They are non-transferable and non-resellable.
- Subsided Tickets – Subsidised Tickets aim to make the event accessible, catering to students, single parents, and those with financial constraints. Non-transferable and refundable.
- E-tolls – E-tolls encourage ride-sharing and are mandatory for motorized vehicles. Limited free E-Tolls are available for registered creative projects.
- Pensioner Tickets – These tickets are available for participants aged 70 and older through direct distribution.
Where is Afrikaburn 📍
AfrikaBurn is located at Quaggafontein in the Tankwa Karoo, located in the Western Cape. This vast landscape becomes a blank canvas for visitors to express their creative talents during the event. From monumental burning sculptures to intimate performances and various community-oriented services, the space transforms into a weeklong cultural celebration. The event creates a diverse range of artistic expressions, including art installations, costume displays, performances, Theme Camps, music, Mutant Vehicles, and more. The unique setting of Quaggafontein in the Tankwa Karoo provides the perfect surroundings for this dynamic gathering, where visitors contribute to the collective experience through their creativity and contributions.
Make sure to get your festival tickets now and don’t miss out on this spectacular event that takes a regular festival to a whole new level. With the environment in mind and inclusivity, Afrikaburn is an experience that is open to anyone and everyone. Dress up, dance around and have the time of your life at Afrikaburn Creation!
- Q – Are my Afrikaburn tickets refundable?
A – Due to the amount of hard work and costs going into the event Afrikaburn does not do refunds.
- Q – Is Afrikaburn the same as Burning Man?
A – AfrikaBurn is a regional event of Burning Man but is not owned or organisationally managed by Burning Man.
- Q – How do I get tickets if they are sold out?
A – wait for the next round of sales to happen (if there is one), or you need to take advantage of the Quicket resales.
- Q – Where can I sell my Afrikaburn tickets safely?
A – Please click here – https://tickets.afrikaburn.org/re-selling-your-ticket/