Imhoff’s Farm is a picturesque farm located on Kommetjie Road in the beautiful coastal town of Kommetjie. The farm is a popular destination among both locals and tourists, offering a wide range of attractions for visitors of all ages. Imhoff Farm is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse yourself in a peaceful and tranquil rural environment.
Table of Contents
All About Imhoff Farm
Before we dive into the attractions of Imhoff Farm, let’s take a quick look at the history of this charming farm. The farm dates back to the 1740s when it was originally known as “Weltevreden” and was owned by the Cloete family. The farm changed hands several times over the years and was eventually purchased by Fritz Imhoff in the 1960s. The Imhoff family transformed the farm into a popular tourist destination, offering a variety of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy.
Today, Imhoff Farm remains a family-owned business, and the current owners have continued to expand and improve upon the farm’s offerings. Let’s take a closer look at some of the attractions you can enjoy when you visit.
The Animal Farm
One of the main attractions at Imhoff Farm is the animal farm, which is home to a wide variety of animals, both big and small. Visitors can interact with the animals and learn about their habits and behaviours in a fun and engaging way. Some of the animals you can expect to see include:
- Alpacas – These adorable, fluffy creatures are native to South America and are known for their soft and luxurious wool.
- Goats – Imhoff Farm is home to a variety of goats, including pygmy goats, Boer goats, and Nubian goats. Visitors can watch them frolic and play in the fields, and even feed them by hand.
- Donkeys – These gentle giants are a hit with visitors of all ages. Visitors can take a leisurely donkey ride around the farm and learn about the history and uses of these incredible animals.
- Rabbits – Imhoff’s Farm has a large rabbit enclosure, where visitors can pet and feed the bunnies. There’s even a bunny tunnel where the rabbits can play and hide.
- Chickens – The farm has a large flock of chickens, and visitors can watch them scratch and peck in the fields. You can even buy fresh eggs to take home with you.
There are also cows, sheep, pigs, and ducks on the farm, making it a truly immersive and educational experience for visitors of all ages.
Shops and Restaurants
Imhoff Farm is also home to a variety of charming shops and restaurants, each offering something unique and special. Some of the standout shops and restaurants include:
- The Blue Water Cafe – This cosy cafe serves up delicious breakfast and lunch dishes, as well as a range of hot and cold beverages. Visitors can enjoy their meals in the cafe’s outdoor seating area, which overlooks the farm’s beautiful surroundings.
- The Farm Village Market – This indoor market is home to a variety of stalls selling everything from handmade crafts to locally sourced produce. Visitors can wander through the market and browse the stalls, picking up souvenirs or treats to take home.
- The Organic Emporium – This health food store sells a range of organic and eco-friendly products, including fresh produce, snacks, and beauty products. Visitors can stock up on healthy snacks and ingredients for their own cooking.
- The Imhoff Gift Shop – This charming gift shop sells a range of souvenirs and gifts, including handmade crafts, jewellery, and clothing. Visitors can pick up a unique and special memento of their visit to Imhoff Farm.
Another popular attraction at Imhoff Farm is the horse riding experience. The farm has a variety of horses, from gentle ponies for children to larger horses for experienced riders. Visitors can take a leisurely ride through the farm’s beautiful surroundings, taking in the stunning views of the nearby mountains and sea. The farm also offers horse riding lessons for those who want to improve their riding skills or learn something new.
There are plenty of other activities to enjoy at Imhoff Farm. These include:
- The Snake Park – This fascinating attraction is home to a variety of snakes, both venomous and non-venomous. Visitors can learn about these incredible creatures and watch them in their habitats. Unfortunately, The Snake Park has been relocated to Cape Point Ostrich Farm.
- The Higgledy Piggledy Farmyard – This play area is perfect for younger visitors, offering a range of fun and interactive activities such as sandpits, swings, and slides.
- The Imhoff Park Trail – This scenic hiking trail takes visitors through the farm’s beautiful surroundings, including forests, fields, and hills. It’s a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the fresh air.
- The Imhoff Farm Spa – For those looking for some relaxation and pampering, the farm also offers a range of spa treatments, including massages, facials, and body wraps.
Imhoff Farm is a truly special destination that offers something for everyone. From the charming animal farm to the delightful shops and restaurants, there’s always something new and exciting to discover. Whether you’re looking for a fun family outing, a romantic weekend getaway, or just a peaceful retreat from city life, Imhoff Farm is the perfect place to escape and immerse yourself in a tranquil and beautiful rural environment. So why not plan your visit today and experience all that this wonderful farm has to offer?
Phone: 021 783 4545
Other Farm Adventures
Redberry Farm: is a charming destination for nature lovers and berry enthusiasts. Located in a picturesque setting, this farm offers a delightful experience with its abundant strawberry fields, captivating walking trails, family-friendly activities, and a cozy farm stall serving delicious treats made from freshly picked berries.